March 28, 2012

5 months

I realized I was still counting Dashiell in weeks v. months. If we want to be exact, 5 months comes on Friday, but I couldn't help posting the photos now. I took them almost two weeks ago. Or, 7 years ago in baby years, because I've taken about 400 newer photos since then. And let's face it, these photos are now old.

So, 5 months. Here we are, and it is just delicious. Our two bottom front teeth are in. And that first white nubbin I was worried about at 4 months? That one hasn't come in much more at all. Growing babies can be quite puzzling. Though I am sure he is discovering all sorts of new things that are much more interesting than sleep. Last night, he decided 3am was prime time to practice rolling around. I should have insisted he go back to sleep, but instead I sat up, cleared space for him on the bed, and watched as he rolled all around, giggling and cooing, all proud of himself. One of us wears the pants around here, and it isn't me. He also moves in all sorts of other directions. He spins in 360 degree circles and I find him in all corners of the rug. Though, I can't really be sure how he gets himself where he wants to be. A mobile baby is not far away. Oh, and the food! His most fave thing to go after these days. He eyes it closely, reaches out for it, and tries to get bits of this and that into his tiny mouth. A food lover. A boy after my own heart. But who are we kidding? The boy owns my heart.


How'd you like those? Too many? I'm sorry, I couldn't get enough. Obviously.

P.S. 3 months and 4 months.

4 comments:

Marla said...

Gerber baby? College tuition? I think he needs an agent! So cute, Jen. Keep the updates coming.
Marla

Marla said...

Gerber baby? College tuition? I think he needs an agent! So cute, Jen. Keep the updates coming.
Marla

Erin Jane said...

So CUTE! we have that same onesie for Henry and I want him to wear it everyday.

Jen said...

Erin: That onesie is one of my favorites too. I bet Henry looks adorable in his!